Puppy vs. Mirror
Joss Stone tries to make a music video…
I had forgotten how much fun fancy dress is till Friday’s party at Ciara & Gav’s. Super fun had (thank you 119ers!), more photos to come but here’s a few from the iPhone for starters…
Update: we’ve been immortalised (heheh) on Dave’s Dublin 98 blog along with some seriously awesome stuff! http://www.dublins98.ie/onair/shows/morning-crew/scary-halloween-costumes/
It’s been busy.
In the past week/10 days I’ve seen a fantastic production of The Rivals at The Abbey, saw David O’Doherty record a fantastic live gig at Whelans and got to go along to the wonderful Bugs Bunny on Broadway at the National Concert Hall.
In between and around all of that I’ve got to meet some fantastic new people, catch up with friends I love, move into a new house, spend Sunday in Croke Park watching a great game of hurling, eat, drink, sing & dance. I’ve got a job I love, a wonderful family and friends around me and we’re all in pretty good health.
I’m not bragging. I’m just high as a kite & realise that I can’t take any of this for granted. I’m incredibly lucky and grateful for my lot in a time when so many are probably struggling to find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning.
I’m off out for a crazy day of adventure and (hopefully) fun with a wonderful fella.
Whatever you do today, I hope you have a great one. Sure maybe even see you out there
So much blogging to catch up on both here and on Culch.ie will probably be burning the midnight oil tonight. Here’s a start:
- Gardiner Street Gospel Choir were off the scale brilliant on Saturday night at The Helix, DCU. Everyone I went with and spoke to seemed to be on a buzz after it. Amazing show & fair play to them for doing their weekly gig in St. Francis Xavier’s Church the following evening – can’t have been easy! Well done to all involved, major blog post to come including MP3s of the gig. Paul May has some great shots of the guys n gals on Flickr.
- Delorentos are offering up a free MP3 of ‘You Can Make Sound‘ over here.
- Curious Wines are supporting a great cause – donate to Lesley adn Will’s fund and you’re in a draw for a whopping €110 worth of tasty vino. These guys are cycling 300km for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Wow.
- Damien has a short, sweet & awesome post on online interaction.
- Jeffrey Zeldman toys with the idea of a NSFW HTML tag in HTML 5.
- TypeDrawing is my latest favourite funtime iPhone app. Check the Flickr group out for fruits of users’ efforts.
- Smashing Magazine has some more excellent free fonts compiled.
- Darragh talks about the set of the latest production at The Abbey over on Culch.ie – as he says photos really don’t do it justice, it’s almost worth going along to The Last Days of a Reluctant Tyrant just for the set alone.