I love France. I say this having only set foot in the lovely country once but rather than call my love naive, hear me out.
I love France for:
- Cheese – the stinkier the better and boy do they make it good and stinky
- Wine & champagne – enough said
- Food and cooking – their love for it, their enjoyment of it and what they’ve given to the world as a result
- The language
- Style and elegance
- My favourite perfume
- The countryside
- The charming old cities
- Artists, Monet’s work in particular has always made me smile
- Giving Jacques Brel a career in music
- A healthy sense of national pride
Most of all I love France for the fabulous image it has portrayed of itself for me. Maybe that will shatter some day and my dream of running a cutesy little restaurant in a small village in my retirement there will shatter into a million pieces.
For now, I salute you France. Hopefully see you again soon et bon anniversaire!
3 thoughts on “Bon anniversaire, la France!”
I agree with most of them, but disagree on 2 points:
- France might have created the platform for Brel, we Belgians still adamently want to keep him tied to where he came from!
- The healthy sence of national pride unfortunatly is more so an unhealthy ideal, bordering on chauvinism.
Other than that – J’adore la France, beaucoup!
so what is your favourite perfume?
Classic Jean-Paul Gaultier – tis my weakness!!!