JDIFF kicks off this Thursday the 18th with Neil Jordan’s latest movie ‘Ondine’ setting the ball rolling on a very packed schedule of international film screenings.
The festival programme boasts over 120 movie screenings between February 18th and 28th including a special selection of films under the umbrella of ‘Michael Dwyer Season‘ as a tribute to the late co-founder of the festival. Other special highlights include a Kristin Scott Thomas Tribute, a Kenneth Anger Retrospective, the 2nd Annual Library Film Quiz, Celebrating VooDooDog and the Volta Awards.
It’s quite a hectic schedule but nicely laid out in their day-by-day programme on page 9 of the supplement which you can grab here.
Here’s a selection of the stuff that tickled my fancy:
- La Dolce Vita – (Sat 20th, 2pm)
- One Hundred Mornings (Sat 20th, 4.30pm)
- New York, I Love You (Sun 21st, 8.45pm)
- Nino Rota: Film Music (Mon 22nd, 7.30pm)
- I Love You, Phillip Morris (Thurs 25th, 6.30pm)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Sat 27th, 11am)
- Alice in Wonderland 3D (Sun 28th, 2pm)
I was delighted to see that Moore Street Masala is included in the Irish Film Board shorts screenings – my 30 seconds of Bollywood fame from a most gorgeous April morning last year rides again
Tickets are getting snapped up very quickly so hot foot it to the ticket office at Curved St, Temple Bar, buzz the ticket sales people on 016877974 or get them online at www.jdiff.com to sort your fix.