I had a fabulous time at the Gloria annual Christmas concert last night. It was my first time hearing them and my gosh can they sing?! They had a lovely repertoire of traditional and contemporary songs, some of which I’d never heard of before and made the experience all the more refreshing. If you missed the gigs this week well you’ll be tickled to know they’ve got a special Christmas album that you can order via the website or download on iTunes.
Looking forward to their 15th anniversary gig at the National Concert Hall in June 2010 already. By the way, they’re looking for sopranos and basses to join them – all the info is here.
If you fancy catching some carols over the next while here’s some of what’s on around Dublin:
National Concert Hall
- Wed 16, Thurs 17 & Fri 18 at 8pm – Hanel’s Messiah (returns only)
- Sun 20 Dec at 3.15 PM & 8pm – Christmas Carol Singalong
- Mon 21 Dec at 3.15 PM & 8pm – Carols by Candlelight
- Tue 22 Dec at 3.15 PM & 8pm – The Glory Of Christmas
Tickets for all these events can be booked at www.nch.ie.
- Wed 16 at 7.15pm – Christchurch Christmast Concert (tickets in advance via Tickets.ie)
- Sun 20 at 3.30pm – Carol Service (no tickets required)
- Sun 20 at 3.30pm – Carol Service with The Palestrina Choir & St. Mary’s Pro-Cathedral Girls’ Choir (in aid of Temple St. Hospital)
Dublin Gospel Choir
- 19 Dec at 11.30am – 12pm at Liffey Valley Shopping Centre
- 19 Dec at 1 – 2pm at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre
- Sun 20, 6.45pm to 8.30pm – Christmas Carol Service
If you know of any more choral goings on over the next week or so, pop em in a comment below – would love to add them in.